Monday, November 21, 2005

Bitter sweets and large French eyebrows

It's sappy, somewhat sentimental and oh-so-rainbowadelic, but I love Queer as Folk. Now that it's the final series ever of it, every episode is taking on a bittersweet quality.

It never fails to amaze me how people react to the show, though. For instance, I said to one of my friends who was on MSN that I was watching it, and he instantly said, "Oh, that show about poofters. Were there any good lesbo sex scenes?"

Hmm... Men and their stupid double standards.

Whatever, the show is good. Although perhaps it's a bit odd for a Christian to be saying that (and no, I'm not gay *lol*). Still, somehow the program is important, perhaps to challenge assumptions, encourage discussion, stuff like that.

And there are usually good movies after it *lol* Although tonight's one has got me feeling like screaming at how French and vaguely demented it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home