Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Year, New Shows

New programs coming up for the year, with in-a-nutshell analysis.

I'm really glad that we're going to be getting Bleak House. From what I've heard about it, it's fantastic, and it has Gillian Anderson in it, who is a good actor. It'll be interesting to see her in her role in the production (and see whether or not I just think of the X-files whenever she appears on screen). Also looking fantastically forward to Shakespeare Retold, which I believe came from the re-doing of the Canterbury Tales that we had last year.

Shows that I'm not sure will succeed this year from the list of newbies: Bones (like they say, old concept, it doesn't sound interesting), Clever (we've got Mythbusters and Brainiac, why does Channel 9 want to try to cash in now?), The Evidence (boring premise), Friday Night Games (which I think will last for a few weeks... and then everyone will discover that they have to clean the oven when it's on), Life Begins (who knows...), The Secret (meh), The Triangle (who cares?), The War at Home (reading some things yesterday reminded me that although I felt nostalgia for Married... With Children, the show actually sucked the big light sabre) and Where Are They Now? (not far enough away),.

Possible surprise success: The Wedge. If it's really like Little Britain, it could stand some kind of a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home